If you have been using Snapchat for a long time, you may know that everything you post on Snapchat or your friends share with you disappears after a while. That’s something we sometimes don’t like because if you haven’t resaved your story, you won’t be able to see it yourself. If you captured something amazing and posted it as your story, you may be able to recover an old Snapchat stories method. This article will help you with that. Unfortunately, there are a few ways to do this on Android devices, even if you forgot to save them. How to see old Snapchat stories.
Steps to View Old Snapchat Stories
YOU need to download a file manager if your device doesn’t have it by default. ES File Explorer is the perfect choice for this purpose.
- Once you are done with the download and installation of the file manager you can navigate to the following folder snapchat.android. Here you will find a folder called received_image_snaps in which you will find a folder called received_images_snaps
- Open this folder and you will find snaps that were shared with you before.
3. Open this folder and you will find snaps that were shared with you before.
If you want to check your previous stories then probably you will find them on the camera roll, that is, if you have not forgotten to tap on the save button.
If you want your stories to be saved automatically on camera roll then you can configure these settings on your Snapchat application both on iOS/Android.
- Tap on your profile icon (the ghost icon given at the top left corner). You will be on your profile page. Now tap on the settings icon on the top right corner.
- On the settings page you will find several options to set up your account. Scroll down to Memories.
Tap on Memories and turn on auto save my story. You can choose if you want to save your stories to camera roll or to memories.
4. After configuring these settings your stories will automatically be saved and you will be able to view them from the camera roll folder or from the memories.