Currently, Snapchat has created and launched new features that are comparable to other social networks. These features have now been described by more users but some still don’t know what features Snapchat has. We share with you all the tricks and features that you may have missed while using Snapchat.
Tip #1: How to make voice or video calls on Snapchat?
In March 2016, Snapchat introduced this feature, which allows you to make a voice or video call with your friends, similar to other social media apps. This feature was one of the biggest changes Snapchat made to its app. This feature is useful when you want to contact your friends on Snapchat and don’t have to go to other apps just to send them a message or make a video call.
- Step 1: Open the Snapchat application and go to your friend’s conversation.
- Step 2: You can look for the phone to make a phone call and the video recorder icon to make a video call.
Step 3: To make a call, you need to tap on the video or call icon. As soon as you click on the icon, your friend’s phone will start ringing. After a few seconds of calling and if you don’t answer, you will automatically be asked if you want to send a short voice or video recording to your friend.
Tip #2: How to view Snapchats without others knowing?
The benefit of being able to see your friends’ snaps is that the recipient will know if they’ve been seen or not. Suppose YOU want to see your friend’s snap or message without them knowing. You can do this on Snapchat by following the steps below.
- Step 1: Open the Snapchat application and go to the “Conversation” tab to see your new snaps.
- Step 2: Wait for the snap to fully load until you see the pink square that says “New Snap.”
- Step 3: After, you will put your phone on “Airplane Mode” to fully disconnect from the internet.
- Step 4: Go back to the Snapchat application, and you should be able to view your friend’s snap.
Tips: Being able to capture special moments such as messages, photos or videos sent by your family and friends is one of the best ways to save them in your memory or in this case in the phone’s memory. Screenshots help us take a picture of everything we see on our screen so you can come back to it later. Snapchat has an anti-screenshot feature to notify the sender that a screenshot has been taken. However, there are other ways to scan everything on Snapchat and we are going to talk about these ways so that you can continue to export Telegram pages to WhatsApp and take screenshots of memorable moments on Snapchat app.
Tip #3: How to turn on Dark Mode on Snapchat?
If YOU want to use your phone before sleeping, you need to make sure “Dark Mode” is turned on. Helps you use your phone in the dark without straining your eyes.
We have a dark article titled What is Dark Mode and How to Enable Dark Mode on Snapchat that shows you the steps to enable this On Snapchat feature applicable to both iOS and Android phones .
Tip #4: How to tell if someone unfriends you on Snapchat?
Snapchat is not the same as other social media platforms where YOU quickly know who else is your friend. On Snapchat, you can still send Snaps to someone you trust that you haven’t added, so there is a way to find out if someone is removing you from Snapchat.
You can predict if you have a friend who deleted you while checking your Snapchat score. If you can still see their score, you’re still a friend, but if you don’t see a score, you’ve been eliminated on Sanachat.
Tip #5: How to add music to Snapchat Story?
Another cool feature that you can do on Snapchat is to add music to your Snapchat stories to make them more attractive for your viewers to see.
- Step 1: Take a photo or video snap on your phone via the Snapchat application.
- Step 2: On the right side of the screen, you will see the “Music” icon, and you can tap on that.
- Step 3: Choose the music you want to use and tap on it. Then you will select which part of the music you want to use and then tap on the checkmark to save.
Tip #6: How to get App Appearance on Snapchat?
Another great thing about Snapchat is that they create new user-friendly features that all of their users love. Last year they developed the option to change the appearance of the app for an improved and effective user interface. You can follow the steps to access this feature.
- Step 1: Go to the Snapchat application and go to your Profile.
- Step 2: Then click on the “Settings” icon and go to “My Account.”
- Step 3: Scroll to the bottom of the list and tap on “App Appearance,” and from there, you can choose to enable dark mode.
Tip #7: How to increase or decrease time on Snapchat?
The thing about sending snaps on Snapchat, they automatically disappear after the recipient views them. Sometimes it’s too short or too long, and YOU want to change the timing of the plugin you’re sending. It is also possible on Snapchat and you can continue to do so.
- Step 1: Take a photo or video snap on the Snapchat application.
- Step 2: On the right side of the screen, look for the “Timer” icon and tap on it.
- Step 3: Select the time you want and click on the back arrow. Then you can send your snap.
Tip #8: How to Get Someone Off Your Best Friends List on Snapchat?
A best friends list is a great way to get to know most of the people YOU are in contact with. There is no option to remove someone from your Best Friends list, but you can hide the list for your privacy.
- Step 1: Go to your Profile in the Snapchat application and click on “Settings.”
- Step 2: For iOS users, go to “Manage” and choose “Friends Emoji.” For Android users, click on “Customize Emojis.”
- Step 3: Then, you can change the emoji that corresponds to your friends’ list.
Tip #9:How to draw with emojis on Snapchat?
This is a simple yet useful Snapchat trick to make your stories look witty. You can add emojis to your stories using the “Emoji Brush” located on the pencil icon. All you have to do is select the emojis that are included in your history.
Tip #10: How To Create Your Own Snapchat Filters Lenses?
This is a great hack for marketers or just for normal users because you can create your geofilters on Snapchat. Maybe it is for a special occasion or promoting a product or brand. It is possible to make your filters. You can send your custom geofilters at http://geofilters.snapchat.com.
You can create stickers out of the photos you have taken on Snapchat. Maybe this photo was something memorable or is a beautiful photo that you want to share, and you can create your sticker out of it on Snapchat.
- Step 1: Go to the Snapchat application.
- Step 2: Take a snap or use any photos you have in your file.
- Step 3: You can then click on the “Scissors” icon on the right side and use it to trace the photo you want to make a sticker.
- Step 4: You can no2 save it as a sticker.
Tips: Get to know how to export Telegram stickers to WhatsApp in this post. It has included ways to export WeChat and Snapchat stickers to WhatsApp as well.
Adding text effects to your story can be done in just a few steps. Text effects will help to make your stories stand out.
- Step 1: After taking the snap, you can click on the “T” icon.
- Step 2: Choose the effect that you want to use for your text.
In Snapchat, you can change the colors of your texts. It is another way to make your stories beautiful and eye-catching. If you want to have different colors for each text, then you need to type each letter or word and choose the color that you want.
Adding a website to your stories is also possible and a great to promote your new website or if you want to just share a link with your friends. After taking a snap, you can go to the “Paper Clip” icon on the right side of the screen, and then you can attach your link there.
With Snapchat, you can choose up to 3 filters when taking a snap video or story. You can follow the steps on how to do that below.
- Step 1: First, you need to apply the first filter and then hold the photo as it will lock the first filter.
- Step 2: Make sure your finger is still on the screen. With your other finger, you can swipe to choose the second filter.
- Step 3: You can do the steps above the apply the third filter for your snap.
Here is another secret trick that not all users know, the Timeline Mode. With Timeline Mode, you can compile different photos and videos using the Snapchat application. There is no need for you to download another app just to compile all of your photos and videos.
You can track where your friends are on Snapchat’s Snap Map. You can go to Snap Map by clicking on the “Map” icon on the left side of the side. Then, you will be able to see where your friends are currently.
Yes, you read that right! Snapchat has a feature that allows you to solve your math homework for yourself. You just need to take a photo of the problem and let Snapchat do the solving, and share the correct answer with you.
You can kill some time by playing one of the games offered on Snapchat. You can access the game by following the steps below.
- Step 1: While in the camera, you can tap on the “Smiley” icon on the screen.
- Step 2: Swipe and you can browse the list of games that you can play by yourself or with a friend.
Snapchat has a feature that allows you to change the speed of your videos. You can change it to slow, fast, or rewind. Follow the steps below on how to change it.
- Step 1: You can take a snap video using the Snapchat application.
- Step 2: Swipe to select what speed you want to use for your videos.
Using Travel Mode in Snapchat, save your battery usage and data for your phone. In this mode, all the snaps will not automatically download, and you can choose the ones that you want to load. You can access Travel Mode by following the steps below.
- Step 1: Go to “Settings” and choose “Manage.”
- Step 2: Then choose “Additional Services” and toggle the “Travel Mode” on from here.
We hope that the 21 tips and tricks we shared above will help make your Snapchat experience more fun and interesting. You can make your stories or snaps stand out by changing text styles or adding music to your snaps before sending them to your friends. You can unleash your creative side without playing with all of Snapchat’s features. You can also share this article with your friends who have Snapchat accounts so they too can explore the wonders and features of Snapchat app.